Weird Thoughts to come but first an online poker hand part ii

Okay where were we? Oh, the turn card was about to fall in the virtual world of online poker. I was probably drawing pretty slim and playing a Texas Hold em poker sit and go about as bad as you can play.

Okay it wasn’t that bad… well, maybe it was. Let’s just say the one guy that beat me out of the tournament played it worse. Even if he probably got sucked out on. So anyway in the hands, I’m “ME” though that’s not my real online handle. Would like it if it was, but I’m not that succinctly creative. Rather you can find me with a much more bland moniker.

Trust me if I play this bad, you might want to discover that bland moniker, and search me out on the online felt, at least until I Learn Texas Holdem a little bit better. I prefer ME to Hero, as I’m nobody’s hero, despite my propensity to make ill-advised hero calls. And why call the other guy the Villain, the Villain wins way too many of these hands for me to keep calling him the villain. Bad guys can’t win that much can they?

*** TURN *** [Td 3d 4c] [3h]
ME: checks
mulder1967: bets 1140

***Uh oh. Commence tanking. Knew that 300 was going to cost me significantly more. In reality, in SNGs there are many bluffing spots here. The shove is probably to protect against the diamond draw and to get my stack in if I want to chase it for bad odds. Somehow in the moment I felt like it was likely to be a weakish bet. He shouldn't be that scared of either draw, I convinced myself, and could be sitting on 9s or 8s and also trying to get rid of my over-card draws.

Such terrible thinking because even if it they were in his range just about everything else he could have crushes me. On top of that would he really want to virtually stack off to an opponent that's shown he has at least a 10 (if not the draw). So wouldn't 8s or 9s pump the brakes a bit?

Yes. Correct play is to rewind time and not play this hand from the start.


ME: calls 1135 and is all-in

*** Oh, I called it because I too can be a donkfish just like 99% of the players out there.

Uncalled bet (5) returned to mulder1967

*** Bonus for mulder, he gets part of his bet back. I'm sure Scully is also thrilled.

*** RIVER *** [Td 3d 4c 3h] [7s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ME: shows [Ad Ts] (two pair, Tens and Threes)
mulder1967: shows [Qd Qh] (two pair, Queens and Threes)

*** Oh yeah. Queens. That makes sense every step of the way. Including the step, where I put my foot in dog poopie.

mulder1967 collected 3350 from pot
ME finished the tournament in 8th place


*** Good for you mulder, maybe you can put those fake chips towards finding an alive and kidnapped Elvis if that is next up for you in the X-Files.

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3350 Rake 0
Board [Td 3d 4c 3h 7s]
Seat 1: mulder1967 (button) showed [Qd Qh] and won (3350) with two pair, Queens and Threes Seat 2: ME (small blind) showed [Ad Ts] and lost with two pair, Tens and Threes
Seat 3: ur$imtaking (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: trafodreher folded on the Flop
Seat 5: blufopotomus folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: pokermaxi5 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: mekam folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Dafli_CZECH folded before Flop (didn't bet)


*** Hmmm... six players folded before the flop. One guy folded after donkbetting the flop, and one other guy ME never folded despite the obvious. ME got what he deserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crapped on the Head and Kicked in the teeth part 2

Corona Virus Tips

Thank You!